To all our clients,
During these unforeseen times, with panic rising and the economy coming closer and closer to a possible standstill, it is clear that more than ever we all have to all work together, support each other, and try to keep our heads above the water.
This is an absolutely unknown time to be in with you all …
scar is continuously working on ways to ease the situation for our team and our clients.
Some of the policies we have implemented:
- To reduce foot traffic in the shop. We kindly request our clients to come to their appointment alone without kids, family or friends where possible. We have also requested the same from our staff, i.e. avoiding visits from friends, boyfriends and others.
- No unnecessary deliveries to scar, which includes deliveries from our suppliers, third parties or food deliveries. This will also reduce foot traffic in the shop. There will be collection for online orders which we are continuing as another means of trying to survive this situation economically, also to be able to offer you the delivery of shampoos and products that you need at this time. We thank you so much for your support here.
- scar team to stay home when they are feeling unwell. We ask that clients who are feeling unwell please remain home too, and reschedule their appointment with us once better.
- All beverage services are suspended til further notice. i.e. we have closed the scar bar and the serving of coffee/tea.
- The 20 second Happy Hour Handwash: every hour in the salon our intercom will sound and the music will be turned up. The scar team will stop what they are doing and disinfect their hands at this point. This HHH is for clients too and we believe it will help us all to get into the habit and mindset that we currently need. (see video below!)
- Sections are disinfected after every service and during Happy Hour Handwash.
- After every payment, the front desk as well as the credit card machine will be disinfected.
- Our Front door will remain open in order for people not to have to touch doorknobs to enter the shop.
- A thorough cleaning of surfaces such as door knobs, stair railings etc. will be done hourly during Happy Hour Handwash.
- The Home Towel Option: Clients have the option of bringing in their own towel should they want or be able to. This may make you feel more comfortable and it will also help us tremendously with our towel situation at this time.
- scar team will refrain from any unnecessary human contact incl. handshakes, hugging or touching each other or clients.
- scar team will be washing hands frequently and be using hand sanitizers when arriving at work, after every client visit and during HHH and throughout the day.
- Clients hands will be sanitized on arrival.
- scar team will also practice the prescribed protocol of covering of nose/mouth cough/sneeze with tissue/flexed elbow.
- All group gatherings have been postponed including our weekly education and the International Education we were hosting later in April.
- Educating our team on COVID-19, what this means , and clear communication on safety measures and protocol.
- All magazines have been removed.
We believe these measures will offer our clients as safe an experience as possible in these times and will help to slow the rate of people catching this flu virus.
For those of you staying indoors, our online shop will remain open AND we are also looking into offering home visits. We will be (like yourselves) learning as we go and communicating back to you as we can. We will have to see how things unfold.
Thank you for your support – this support is how we will get through this and we value that more than we can say.
Stay SAFE and try to remain calm. The only reassurance is that we are all in it together.
From all of us at scar